11 Mar Letter to a Newborn Mum
Dear Newborn Mum-to-be,
We all know that pregnancy is a miraculous journey. A messy, painful, stressful, long, agonising, unpredictable journey. You might be loving it, or you might be hating it. But it’s true what they say – it’s all worth it in the end.
My first baby challenged my limits. I was sick and in pain almost the entire 9 months, and ended up very unwell after his delivery. At the time I thought I could take my own newborn photos, but ultimately I was too sick to do it justice. I certainly didn’t feel like I was glowing and photo-ready in those first few weeks! But it is one of my biggest regrets. My first baby, my boy who made me a mother – how I wish I had lovely photos with him as a newborn.
I totally understand that bringing a new baby home, whether she’s your first or fifth, is an overwhelming time. You’re tired, maybe a little anxious, and sometimes the days and nights stretch on endlessly.
I can pose you with your newborn in a lovely soft light, no matter how tired or self-conscious you might be feeling. None of these gorgeous mums had any more sleep than you!
Wouldn’t you love a photo like this with your little one?
HERE’S HOW TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!
- Book your session while you’re pregnant if possible. I only take a limited number of newborns each month so that we can schedule your shoot at the ideal age, so book early to avoid disappointment.
- Once your bub arrives, send a quick email or text to let me know, and we pick a date for your session. This is usually when baby is around 10-14 days old.
- I send you all the info you need to prepare for your session, what to bring, what to wear etc.
- Arrive at the studio for your newborn shoot, and relax (or sleep!) on the couch while your bub has their photos taken.
- Snuggle your little one and shower them with kisses while I take some photos.
- …. then treasure those photos forever!
I would LOVE to do this for YOU!
If you know a lovely newborn mum-to-be, please share this post with them!